Tuesday, June 01, 2004

A few notes...

Tony Whitt has a review of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men #1 over at Cinescape.com. While he raves about the book (Giving it an A+, something I don't think I've seen, at least not in awhile.) I definitely had a few problems with it. A solid issue, especially artistically (Beasts costume not withstanding)which was printed on the crappiest damn paper possibe. I think I've seen toilet paper with more thickness. Hell We'd be better off if they'd just printed it on a roll of Bounty. So, head on over to check out Tony's comments on the book, he's got some valid points, it really is a fun book, just don't think it was particularly worth the bucks I shelled out for it, looks like I'll be waiting for the trades.

There's also a new Comicscap column up, very good stuff discussing the need (or lack there of) for change in superhero comics.

Also, DavisDVD has a few interesting tidbits for all you DVD buffs, oh and don't forget Cinescape's DVD shopping list. I promise, next week I'll be putting one up here. Heh.

-L

No comments: