Friday, April 21, 2006

In Lieu of Comic Reviews...

I give you the brilliance of Alan Moore-


"It’s like, ’Let’s make a movie out of a movie from the 1980s that got good reviews at the time. Let’s make it again. Let’s make a foreign film into a dumbed-down American remake. Let’s make good television series from the ‘60s into films, let’s make bad television series from the ‘60s into films.’ Comic books, video games, PIRATES OF THE-F-CKING-CARRIBEAN -- theme park rides! We will live to see Johnny Depp playing Cap’n Crunch. I would lay money on it. Breakfast cereal mascots are the next big thing. Get into Tony’s back story -- Tony the Tiger. What motivates him? Where did he come from? How did he become the big, ebullient, happy tiger that he is today? Where do we get our next star from? You could lay money behind that! I mean, what, Tommy Lee Jones for Tony? Somebody somewhere will think that this is a good idea. In fact, if you put this in the interview, I trademark the idea. Any breakfast cereal mascot films, I want my cut."

Seriously, that's wiser, funnier and infinitely more important than anything I have to say about some comics. Not to fret, I'll get to those reviews.

-L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!


Use http://www.BuySellDirect.net new advance ebay website. to sell your new and used products to your local market only and/or the international market. You can even charge taxes for your local market. It is a free service to buyers and sellers.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is 100% FREE