Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Call it a Sabbatical

Or not, it doesn't matter, I'm back, I hope.

And of course, It's Tuesday, so that would mean DVD's!!!!!!!!

So, this is what's coming your way this week.

Adventures of Captain Marvel

I've been told this is one of the best serials to ever see print, I'll have to find out. Worth a look if you're a fan of the genre.

Beautiful Mind / Emperor's Club Set

A damn good price for two damn good movies ($20). Definitely worth it if you don't have them.

Dawson's Creek: The Complete Second Season

Call it 90210 Reincarnated, this show follows the basic formula of teen angst and sex. The only difference is it's somewhat biographical storylines of its creator.

Dragnet: The Original Series

Just the facts, ma'am. Too bad I don't know any. I'm assuming it's a small collection of some of the episodes, and not the entire series. Worth a look for fans of the genre.

Escape From New York (2-discs)

This special edition set comes loaded with extras, and is about a million times better than it's sequel. Carpenter fans should buy it, as this was when the man was at his best.

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Another comic book-turned-movie that I surprisingly haven't seen. I'll check it out and write a review.

October Sky / Field Of Dreams Set

Another set well worth it's price tag.

Seabiscuit

Haven't seen it, but I want to.

South Park: The Complete Third Season

Sheer comic genius from Trey Parker and Matt Stone. They lampoon reality like no one ever has.

Avoid like the plague:

Repli-Kate

A mad scientist makes an instant clone of Ali Landry. Sounds like fun doesn't it? No, I didn't think so either.

No comments: