Thursday, July 28, 2005

Links from the Ded

Here's some stuff to keep you busy at work:

Check out the latest update at the Galaxy, which includes my next Loose Staples column, Shawn Hoke's Size Matters, Ian Brill's AEIOU review (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!) and my review of Superf*ckers #1. All excellent, all the time.

Here's ADD's rundown of the Spin 100, I should have posted that yesterday, apologies. Also, he reported a few days ago that there will be a delay with Bluesman #2 in the US (and I can only assume #3 as well) since Absence of Ink has closed up shop. This also means no Castaways I guess, unless you find a retailer who has some copies, though I'm sure Rob (Vollmar, the writer) has some stashed for sale at his shop. I have nothing to say other than this flat out blows. Good luck to Rob and Pablo with finding another publisher, I know they have their work cut out for them, but the comics reading world is all the better for their efforts.

I meant to wish Laura good luck before she left, and now she's back. I hate that I couldn't donate to help her with her funds, but I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. So, welcome back Laura!

Here's a look at the Invincible Hardcover. I really, really want this.

The return of 70's horror mags? Sounds sweet.

This is creepy, yet delicious. (Under July 27th)

Found at the Great Curve: Richard Kelly, writet/director of Donnie Darko, will pen some graphic novels. Theyll serve as prequels to his next movie, Southland Tales. Kevon Smith will be involved with both the c omics and the movie. Sounds awesome to me.

Neilalien presents: Blackjack #1! I want more!

Home Movies Season 3 news. YAY!

Am I the only one who think dinosaur new kicks ass? Check this out.

The Moby/Eminem fued over? Don't tell Em that, he'll screw with you just for the hell of it.

-L

No comments: