Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The "If I Were a Rich Man" List

Dammit, I need to be a millionaire. I'm happy to say I haven't bought a DVD in weeks (for myself at least), and actually I've gotten rid of quite a few thanks to a local shop that buys used ones. I'm well on my way to clearing up much needed shelf space and kicking the bad habit. I still haven't bought the new Seinfeld sets! Which I'm sure I'll pick up eventually...

But, looks like I'll be breaking down and buying at least two things this week, probably three though. You'll just have to guess which.

24 - Season Four

I stopped watching after Season 1. The death of his wife REALLY pissed me off. I'll eventually get around to Netflixing the rest of the seasons.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 4

My name is Shakezula, the mike ruler, the old schooler, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya. Maybe the funniest show on television. Man I cannot wait for the movie!

Batman - The Animated Series, Volume Four

I still haven't bought the second or third volume.

Cinderella Man (Widescreen Collector's Edition)

Also availabel in a single disc edition. I'll probably be renting this in the next week or so.

Combat - The Complete Series

My Dad would love this.

The Dukes of Hazzard (Unrated Widescreen Edition)

I'm still on the fence about this. I love the show for it's all out goofiness, but I don't think the movie captures it. It just looks like a slick Hollywood remake with no thought to the original premise, or even why it worked.

Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Fifth Season

I like the packaging on these sets. Other than that I'm not terribly interested in them at all.

Fantastic Four (Widescreen Edition)

Best Buy has an exclusive set that comes with a cd-rom of the first two years of the original comic. I'm debating on picking it up.

Full House - The Complete Second Season

My niece loves this show. I have no idea why...

Garfield and Friends, Vol. 5

Another show I wish I'd been buying. I'll catch up one day though.

Gargoyles - Season Two, Vol. 1

Good show, but I still haven't broken down and bought the first season.

Green Acres: The Complete Third Season

Here's a show I definitely won't be getting. I could never stomach it.

Kenny Vs. Spenny - Season One

I've seen this talked about, but I've never seen it on TV. Maybe I'll add it to the Netflix.

Land of the Lost: The Complete Series

Way before my time. And far too cheesy.

Law & Order - The Fourth Year

That makes it sound more important doesn't it? I like SVU.

M*A*S*H - Season Nine (Collector's Edition)

For the last freaking time, it's not a "Collector's Edition" if it's the ONLY edition.

MacGyver - The Complete Fourth Season

I loved it as a kid, but as an adult it seems, I dunno, really dumb.

The Magnificent Seven - The Complete First Season

There was a TV show? Geez, talk about milking the cow.

Millenium - Seasons 1-3

I assume this is just a re-list, packaging all three sets together.

Murder She Wrote - The Complete Second Season

I wish my Grandmother were still alive, this was he favorite show. She like MacGuyver and Matlock too.

Newlyweds - Nick & Jessica - The Final Season

Hahaha, definitely the punctuation at the end of that sentence. That title is perfect.

Rock Star: INXS The DVD

Pass.

The Rockford Files - Season One

Another show my Grandmother loved. Never seen it, I'll have to Netflix 'em.

Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

No syndication episodes in this set. They should really go back and fix the first set. I might at least watch them, if not buy them.

Roswell - Seasons 1-3

Another re-list, I have Season 1, wouldn't mind getting the others. I've liked what I've seen.

Saved By the Bell - The New Class: Season 6 & 7

The New Class lasted that long? Geez.

The Simpsons - Seasons 1-6

And another re-list! This one is actually a good deal though.

Star Wars - Clone Wars, Vol. 2

Well, at least somebody knows how to do Star Wars right.

Superman - The Animated Series, Volume Two (DC Comics Classic Collection)

Another show I haven't been buying! At least there's only two sets out. $40 will get both!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Original Series (Volume 3)

Ah, this brings back some memories.

Thundercats: Season One, Volume 2

I just can't afford these.

The West Wing - The Complete Fifth Season

I can never get into political shows.

That's one big ass list.

I'll be back later with some actual content, got a few things to get out of my head.

-L

No comments: