Friday, January 09, 2004

Looking Forward (Part 3)

This has been quite the busy week for me, work wise, so apologies for not updating sooner.

Finally, here's a few things I'm looking forward to in the coming months that I havent discussed yet.

Video Games

Sonic Heroes- Hopefully this game will bring the Hedgehog back into the limelight, but don't hold you're breath. It should be out this week on the GameCube.

NFL Street- Hard hitting football action with a backyard feel to it. Landing on most systems next week.

007: Everything or Nothing- Hopes are high that this will finally surpass Goldeneye as THE Bond game. Look for it next month on PS2 and Game Cube.

Black & White 2- This PC game lets you play God, essentially. From what I've seen it will be a must own in March.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes- Thisis the PSones's MGS reimagined and ported to the GameCube. We'll see if they can take one of the best games ever and make it better. Hits stands in March.

Halo 2- The eagerly awaited follow up to the best first-person shooter EVER is supposed to hit in April, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Pikmin 2- The quirky GameCube title will see a sequal in May. The first is one of the best GC titles available, so this shouldn't disappoint.

Transformers Armada- Finally, a Tranformers game!!!! I've seen a few screenshots, and they look pretty sweet. Here's hoping the gameplay isn't horrible. Hits sometime in May on the PS2.

X-Men: Legends- An X-Men RPG that promises to be faithful to the comics and have great gameplay as well. It hits on all three systems in May.

Spider-Man 2- One of the best games ever, and without a doubt the best based on a comic book, sees it's sequal, which will follow the movie storyline somewhat, in June. It will be available for all systems.

Gran Turismo 4- I've seen the screenshots, and believe me, this will be the best looking driving game ever, and the gameplay probably won't be too shabby to boot. Hits on the PS2 in July.

That does it for all the releases I'm certain about. Anything worth playing will most assuredly make its way to my posts.

Toys

Hellboy- Mezco is putting out the official action figures for the movie along with a few of its miniaturized figures, "Mez-Itz." From what I've seen, they will definitely kick ass.

Marvel Mini-Mates- Art Asylum's uber-popular mini-mates line will see the second set of Marvel related characters. I have no idea who will be featured, but they'll be sweet just the same.

Marvel Legends- The X-Men will branch off into it's own series, as will the Hulk, so look for Marvel Legends to focus on more...obscure Marvel characters. I'm not sure who any of the lines will feature, so you'll be as surprised as I am.

Info on Toys is pretty scarce, so my apologies there.

Hmm...that about does it, and since tomorrow will be yet another hellish workday, I'm hitting the sack. Hopefully I'll get in some posting this weekend.

No comments: