Thursday, January 29, 2004

More Comics

It was either movies or comics this week, and I chose comics. Here's what I picked up:

Venom #10 $2.99

I like this book. Some people don't, and I can see why. It's formulaic to a degree, and the art isn't anything special, but the concept has potential. Wolverine is part of the current "Run" arc and Spider-Man will be showing up in the next one. Obviously it's somewhat of a marketing ploy to try an boost sales (at least as far as Wolvie is concerned), but fortunately it hasn't hindered the book story wise. Seeing the symbiote take over Wolverines body was pretty sweet, in a fanboyish way of course.

Hulk: Grey #5 $3.50

Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale continue their "retelling" of the Hulk mythos, and it's just fantastic. Next month will see the final issue, so I'll try to piece together a review for the entire series.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #2 $2.25

Bendis and Millar continue to reimagine Marvel's first family, and surprisingly make it better. The pacing is very, very slow, so most people should read this in a collected form.

The Punisher #2 $2.99

Not much happens in the way of plot, but damn is it violent. I'm still standing by my "Reservoir Dogs in print" comment from a week ago. If you like violence with your plots, this is your book.

That's all I've had time to get to, but hopefully I can cover some more ground tonight.

No comments: