Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The After Christmas List

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

May not be worth the buy, but it's worth the rent. Ferrel is nowhere near as good as he was in Elf, but the supporting cast and cameos make up for it.

Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries

For all you Sci-Fi geeks out there.

Darkman III: Die Darkman Die

The worst movie title ever.

King Of The Hill: The Complete Third Season

Woooohoooo!

Open Water

Looks too much like "the Blair Witch in the ocean" to be of any interest, but I may rent it eventually.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

I wanted to see this in theatres but never got around to it. Loved the first, so I'm hoping this one's worth the wait.

Tour Of Duty: The Complete Second Season

For those who like alittle war in their TV

Wicker Park

Did this even make it to theatres? Not around here I guess. What happened to Josh Hartnett? Wasn't he on everyone's hot list? Maybe it was that Harrison Ford movie he did? He just peeked there I suppose...

Wimbledon

I'll bet money the only enjoyable thing about this movie is Paul Bettany.

On the "watching" side of things, I saw Dodgeball today. Not as funny as everyone says, but it was a good movie with a few genuine laughs. The cast was good, and it achieves its goal. I'd like to see Vaughn go back to making more serious films, but that probably won't happen. I was surprised to see that Will Ferrell didn't pop up in the flik anywhere, but the cameos by David Hasselhoff, The Shat, and Chuck Norris are pretty funny, and Jason Bateman is great.

In the comics world, looks like JMS will be taking over the writing chores on the Fantastic Four for Marvel. Guess that means we'll find out there's some incest in Sue and Johnny's past? I'm glad I dropped the book when I did. Farewell Waid and 'Ringo, guess it'll be a while before I get back into the FF!

-L

No comments: