Monday, November 14, 2005

Geeky Things I Bought for a Dollar This Weekend

Since the Falcons blew it (and I called it, just like2 that, all week at work), I don't even want to talk football. So, as the title suggests:

Captain America

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Made in the year of my birth, proving once again how great 1979 truly was. I have vague memories of this, and I'm sure it's as horrible as ever. Can't wait to watch it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Not as valuable as it once was, but still, for a measley buck it was a steal. Damn that's a beautiful cover.

Speaking of...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Was never a huge Legion fan, but that Mike Grell cover really caught my eye. It's actually a double cover, but I couldn't find a scan of both halves. I friggin love Mike Grell.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's another goodie, done by Garcia Lopez and Dan Adkins. Just seeing those two squaring off makes me want to read it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Got #1-4 of this, which I wasn't certain I owned. Plus, I've never read 'em. Here's a question for all of you fanboys with issue #1: On about page 16 there's a helluva shot of Galactus taking off. In my issue the big guy is miscolored, what about in yours? Just curious if it was a widespread thing, or if I just have some stupid deformed copy. Maybe Mike could help me out with that. What says you comic guru?

And no new Arrested tonight, how much did that blow?!?!

-L

No comments: