Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Election Day List

Plus a few other things I'm gonna talk about....

First, the DVD's:

Ali G Indahouse: The Movie

Huh? Who the hell okayed this? Some people find this guy hilarious, but even when I can understand what he's saying, I don't think it's funny.

Animal Farm (Criterion Collection)

Couldn't aski for a more timely release of a film, and we get the Criterion mark, which is one of the very best.

Around The World In 80 Days

Jackie Chan remake that didn't do so hot at the box office. Also marks what could be the last movie appearence of the Governator. I doubt that, but you never know.

Looney Tunes: Golden Collection Volume 2

A must own.

Mutant X: Season 1 Set

Wow, the finally release a set instead of the two episode discs they've been using to steal people's cash. Too bad the show is sub-par...to put it nicely.

Philadelphia (Widescreen Anniversary Edition)

One of the best films ever made, good to see it getting some special treatment.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (Special Edition)

Dammit. DVD's have become the gimmick of the century. In the 90's we had polybagged shiny coated uber limited (to only 50,000,000!!!!) comic books, now we have DVD's. It's getting pretty damned old. Still, good for those of you who haven't purchased it yet. Go wild, it's worth the cash.

Shrek 2

This actually doesn't come out til Friday. And it's really not that good.

Star Trek The Original Series: Season Two

I'm sure some guy somewhere just orgasmed in his pants.

That's it for the DVD's.

Okay, voting...

For those that did, good for you, hope it rocked your socks. Can't wait to see which knucklehead gets elected. I still don't get this "lesser of two evils" decision everyone's in a such a rush to make. But, hey, whatever. I didn't vote, and if I had I would have written myself in for President, because the other choices are just dumb.

TV...

NBC's Father of the Pride has been pretty much been canned. They're gonna air the remaining six episodes starting next month, then, unless a miracle happens, that's it. Not many animated shows have been able to last long, and this one is probably deserving of a quick death. It had flashes of greatnness, but nothing ever seemed to click for it.

Angel...

I'm almost through with the first season, and color me somewhat impressed. The writing has taken a turn for the better, and I'm finding the episodes that tie in to the buffy universe are actually the best. Still have a great dislike for Gellar, but her episode with Angel (the forgotten day, the fans will know what I'm talking about) was solid stuff, and the two parter with Faith is nothing short of excellent. There are still moments where the writing seems a bit over the top ("It was rude, let's kill it."), but it's growing on me. It was a shame that Doyle left the show, and even worse that the actor died, but Wesley is brilliant. Still can't stand Coirdelia though.

Smallville...

Mr. Mxyzpltk is headed to the show (Yeah, I'm sure I spelled it wrong, but I really don't care.) and I couldn't be happier. It's great to see more and more people being incorporated into the Smallville universe from the DCU. The Flash (or Impulse, I guess) episode has been one of the strongest episodes this season, can't wait to see more stuff like it.

Movies...

Watched Mean Girls. Good stuff. Some of it I didn't get, but I'm a guy, so that's to be expected I suppose.

Reviews...

My first CBG review should be up soon. Big thanks to ADD for giving a guy a chance to prove himself.

Time to go wait and see who got elected. More later.

-L

No comments: