Saturday, November 06, 2004

Toys!

Just one actually, but it's a good one.

Looks like Diamond Select is answering a demand that I didn't even realize fans had. Angel fans will recognize this: Cinescape - Home - Editorial immediately, and will likely want to have one.

I haven't seen the "Puppet Episode", but I did catch the preview of it when it aired so many months ago. Looked funny and promising. With my newfound love of the show, I'll get to the episode as soon as money allows, and i really can't wait to see it.

Not sure if I'd pay $50 for a stuffed doll, but it looks like a nice collectible, much better than the action figures.

Only managed to get to the Pilot episode of Roswell, but I loved it. One part X-Files, one part Dawson's Creek (though the creators say My So-Called Life, looks closer to Dawson.) with a brilliant cast. Can't wait to get to the rest.

Yes, that does mean I finished Angel. The season ender was disappointing, but overall I loved the set. The Wolfram & Hart lawyers quickly became my favorite characters. The lack of tons of special features was disconcerting, given the retail price of the seasons. Still, well worth the $15 I paid for it, here's hoping Amazon hooks us up with something along those lines again, and soon!

I also got a chance to see a brilliantly mad movie called Saved! last night. The cast was excellent (Jena Malone, Mandy Moore, Macauley Culkin, and more that I can't remember at the moment), and the chracterizations were so dead-on that I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. It's the story of a young girl and her friends raised in a Christian lifestyle and what happens when that's then only thing you've ever know. I'll get around to doing a big review of it eventually (hopefully soon), but it's one of the most accurate portrayals of the wackiness that happens when you only surround yourself with one type of people, especially Chrstians. Buy, rent, whatever, just watch it, it's well worth the dough.


No comments: