Monday, November 22, 2004

Money, Money Money! Money!

I officially have none left, here's what I spent it on:

Superman: Birthright HC

HERO: Vol. 1

Hard Time Vol. 1 (I wasn't impressed with #1, but I keep hearing how good it is...it better be!)

Formerly Known as the Justice League

She-Hulk vol 1

MK Spider-Man Vol. 1

Fables Vol. 2

Billi 99 (picked it up cuz of the Sale art, looking forward to reading it)


and....

Carnet De Voyage

Really looking forward to this. I was tempted to get The Conversation as well, but I read several poor reviews.

Less Than Heroes

Ditto, though I have no idea what it's about. The Warren Ellis blurb was a bit off putting, but I'm one of those people who enjoy the tights books, so I guess thats why.

The Heart of the Beast HC

A Vertigo series I've never heard of, but it's got Sean Phillips art, and I'm trying to find something by him I enjoy (other than that short vampire tale from Drawing on Your Nightmares).

Stonehaven: Milk Cartons & Dog Biscuits

Another book I'm unfamiliar with, I paid something like $5 for it, and it's a huge trade.

Planet Racers- Book One: Life Cycle

Paid $3 for it, and I love what little Lawson & Laird work I have read.

Castle Waiting: The Lucky Road

I read a review of this somewhere, not sure where got good marks, and I got it at a good discount. Looks really interesting.

After that it was back issue bin diving. nothing too interesting, but I did find damaged copies of:

Fantastic Four #52

First Black Panther, and this will be my first Lee/Kirby FF issue ever. Yeah, yeah, I know.

Avengers #38

A Lee/Heck issue, possible continder for that Avengers review thing, but I'll have to read it first I suppose.

Thor #141

Lee/Kirby Thor, at least it's pretty, hopefully it's interesting.

Iron Man #6

Goodwin/Tuska tale, couldn't pass it up for the price.

Tales to Astonish #61-62

More firsts, this time Lee/Ditko, three of the four tales anyway.

Each of those issues cost me $2, and besides the covers they're in pretty good shape. Can't wait to read em.

Also picked up Battle Pope: Mayhem #1-2, Uncanny X-Men #175 (and #73, which reprints #25), Capes #2-3, and an interesting looking book called Oink (#'s1-4) from Kitchen Sink.

So much for uninteresting! There was more...but I think I've bored you guys enough!

-L

No comments: