Thursday, September 16, 2004

Yet another storm

I'm glad I don't live in Florida. But, I do live in Georgia, which means we get some of the aftermath (winds and rain, sometimes tornadoes) from those damned hurricanes. So, these next few days are predicted to be rough, and considering how easily my power goes out, it's likely I won't be able to post anything for at least two days or so. On top of that, bad weather = me working more hours, so I doubt I'd even have the time to post.

I've watched a few movies (actually about five) in the last few days that I've been wanting to discuss, three of them action films, which was going to lead me to something that was being discussed on Tom's blog the other day. Looks like I'd just be beating the dead horse now, so I'm going to try and formulate them into something else.

It's also occured to me that I don't really ever say anything of importance on my blog, and as self-defeating as that sounds, it's not really for lack of trying. I've become mainly a review blog, which is never what I inteded to be, so I'm going to try and change that.

Not that I won't do reviews, but just that I'm going to try and devote one post a week to actually saying something, so it doesn't sound like all I do is read comics and watch movies. Wait...that is all I do.

Picked up a ton of stuff at my local shop this week, and even went diving in the fifty...or is that fitty?...cent bins. I'm expecting some comics from both ADD and Mike, provided they both got my payment, haven't heard back from either one, so guys, if you're reading this, lemme know if everything's kosher.

I did want to talk about some TV watching, but decided nothing was really that noteworthy. I missed Father of the Pride and Scrubs this week, which was a downer, but, they'll rerun 'em...well, they'll rerun Scrubs. I lood for the other show to end up cancelled, even though it isn'treally a bad show, it just lacks direction.

Also, just to show how computer-retarded I am, I just mastered mp3 technology about two days ago, and I must say, being able to store massive amounts of music on one disc is friggin' awesome.

I also wanted to get in on Tom's Family Guy discussion from awhile back, but missed the boat on that as well. Despite what some say, and no matter how few gags the show actually has, I've yet to find an episode that doesn't make me laugh at least foure or five times.

And, since I have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, I'm gonna leave you with that. Here's hoping I have power when I get home from work! Oh, and cable!

-L


No comments: