Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Fastest List on Earth

So, here, finally is a DVD list. Apologies for missing in the last few weeks, I've just been so busy. Here's what hit stores today:

The Bad Sleep Well - Criterion Collection

Another Kurisawa release from Criterion. Always a must buy, but never affordable.

The Chumscrubber

I wanted to see this but it never played here. I'll have to rent it.

The Constant Gardener (Widescreen Edition)

Might be really good, but it's one of those that looks like it could be boring as hell.

Dead Poets Society (Special Edition)

Includes a commentrak with Weir and the writers. Good flik, not one of my favorites though.

Eraserhead

One of two Lynch releases this week. The other isn't Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Bueller Bueller Edition

A must buy, probably the best DVD of the week. Even if it is a re-release.

The Five Heartbeats - 15th Anniversary Special Edition (Widescreen)

Never saw it.

The Flash - The Complete Series

Wish I had the dough to get this. I only remember seeing the pilot.

Good Morning, Vietnam (Special Edition)

Well, Robin Williams sure is popular today. What's next, Patch Adams?

Hustle & Flow (Widescreen Edition)

Another one on the "must rent" list.

The Magnificent Seven (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)

One of the best movies ever made. Looks like I'll have two copies, I gotta buy this.

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Two-Disc Special Edition)

Another classic.

Red Eye (Widescreen Edition)

The mystery of who he's supposed to be is probably not enought to get me to watch it.

Sam Peckinpah's Legendary Westerns Collection

Has the aforementioned Billy the Kid flik and the Wild Bunch, plus a few more. Probably worth the price.

The Short Films of David Lynch

This is the other one.

Transporter 2

The part on me that's an idiot wants to see this.

The Wild Bunch - The Original Director's Cut (Two-Disc Special Edition)

Yeah, a classic.

I'm out, peace.

-L

No comments: