Monday, June 21, 2004

What a catch

Bough Tim Burton's Big Fish and watched it this past weekend, and if you haven't seen it, please go do so now. Burton has always been hit or miss with me, and I'm happy to say this one is a bullseye. Actually, it's the best damned Burton film I've ever seen. It's likely that the story has a ton to do with it, having such great material to work with in the first place could only lessen the directors load. The film is brilliantly acted, with every character cast perfectly. I can see this ending up on a list of my all time favorite films. It's whimsical, romantic, funny, sad, a family film in every sense of the word, yet good enough to hold up upon repeated viewings. A great film which, a definite must see...so go watch it!

Also, there's a whopping TWO notable releases on DVD this week:

Bad Santa

I've heard it's quite funny, and I plan on picking it up this weekend to check out.

and

Secret Window

Based on a Stephen King book, this one has Johnny Depp, and it's doubtful it's as good as the material it's based on, so just buy the book, it's cheaper.

-L

No comments: