Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Marvel Solicits

Since everyone always looks at DC's solicits, I thought I'd run down Marvel's. I could find all of a handful of books that I'm going to buy, so it's definitely not worth it. I'll be getting :

SMALL GODS #6
BULLSEYE GREATEST HITS #5
CABLE DEADPOOL #11
DOCTOR SPECTRUM #5
MADROX #5

in floppy form this week. That's my biggest haul in well over a month, and it's still only $15 or so, plus, three of them are minis, two of which are the last issue (Madrox & Bullseye). Small Gods may be a no show, they're usually sold out by the time I get there. Which stinks, cuz I've got issues 1-5, and haven't read them yet, was hoping buying #6 would prompt me into sitting down and reading/reviewing them. On issues to go on Doc Spectrum, and I think the plot's as muddled as ever. I'll be through with it soon, as well as Supremem Power. Cable & Deadpool continues to be a good read, Cable as a would-be mutant Jesus is an interesting twist, something I think Tischman and Kordey had intended to do when they took over the book and it got relaunched as Soldier X, could be wrong though.

I've been reading Rodi's Crossgen/Code 6 book, The Crossovers lately, got em for 50 cents at the local shop, fugured what the hey... I hated his Indentity Disc mini, but loved, loved, loved! his Loki mini, and this seems to be in-between the two. The book is very fast paced, which is a bit jarring in this day and age of slow-to-unfold comics, but once I got used to that, I started enjoying it more. The idea behind it is excellent, I think, as long as you don't put too much thought into it. The geek in me wants to dissect every little thing until all its flaws are exposed, but I don't. It's a good read if you can find it cheap enough, and given what's happened to Crossgen, you should be able to!

-L

No comments: