Monday, June 06, 2005

Still a bit sick

And all this junk just makes it worse.

Cinescape is reporting that Brett Rattner is now on board X3.

What the hell man? The guy built his career of interracial buddy comedy films, then somehow managed to get attached to Red Dragon (which wasn't that goood, and was a remake at that), and then he did After the Sunset. None of those are well made movies (well, I haven't seen Sunset, but a box office hit it wasn't), so I do not see X-Men getting any more success at the box office.

How to you go from "Let's hire a young filmmaker with a unique voice!" to "Hey, let's get that guy who's done nothing but ape other people's styles and remake the movies we've seen a zillion times before!"

My letter to Fox: You're a bunch of certified morons, and if you pull it off, it will indeed be a miracle.

I'd be surprised if some of the cast didn't begin bailing. Pretty soon it'll be a buddy movie starring Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. The wacky misadventures of a Jewish Nazi and a bald paraplegic. Sounds like a winner to me. Throw in a Forrest Gump moment with Halle Berry trying to seduce the man with no legs and it's just peachy.

In other X-news, Dorian has made me thankful I no longer read those damned mutant books by linking to Marvel's plans for the line. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

I was watching the 90's X-toon on Disney the other day, the episode where Graydon Creed finds out about his family, which got me thinking, that would've made for a good All in the Family/Family Guy-like television show.

Victor Creed-father, assassin

Raven Darkholme-Mother, seductress, all around bitch

Nightcrawler- circus freak, son of a demon father who comes to pick him up on the weekends

Rogue- adopted rebellious daughter who can never decide if she's a good guy or a bad guy, pisses parents off by datin' a dirty cajun

Baby Graydon- continually plots to murder the rest of the family, repeatedly fails

Either that's brilliant sitcom material, or I'm on way too much medication.

-L

No comments: