Friday, February 20, 2004

Best. News. Ever.

It's been a long week, and an even longer day it feels like, but my world lit up when I found this little tidbit waiting on me at cinescape.com:

TV Shows on DVD has the news straight from Universal Home Video that the first season of QUANTUM LEAP is coming to DVD this spring. The studio will release a two-disc set on June 8 that will retail for $59.98 containing the two-hour pilot and all eight episodes from the first season.

We're told by a Universal rep that an announcement detailing the set's features should be released in the next week and if it will have any commentary tracks by stars Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell


Now, for most folks, things like this just don't make their day. However, this has made my year. This is, without a doubt the best television show, ever. The price does seem a little steep, but I'm sure it'll be on sale somewhere. I'd be willing to shell out $35-$40, which will likely end up being the actual price. Here's hoping they come up with some killer extras to include, and that they keep the sets coming. I don't think I've been this excited in fifteen years.

Other interesting notes on the site were Kevin Smiths involvement with a Green Hornet flick, and Morgan Freeman getting cast in the new Batman movie. Today just turned out to be good all around.

-L

No comments: