Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Thank God it's Tuesday

However, it seems like DVD releases or on the decline, as there are very few interesting things heading your way this week.

Burns & Allen Comedy Collection

One of three "classic" shows hitting this week. Both of which still hold up, strongly, against the comedies of today.

The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 3

This is the second. Like I said, both are just pure comic genius.

Chappelle's Show: Season One

I thought this came out a few weeks ago. Hmmm...I could be wrong, or it could have been delayed. Anyway, this is sketch comedy at its finest. If youmiss the old SNL, then this show is probably for you.

Jack Benny Comedy Collection

Another classic, this one's worth checking out for fans of older television, very funny stuff.

Matchstick Men

Nicholas Cage and Sam Rockwell star in this flick, which I know nothing about. They're con men, and Sam Rockwell always kicks ass in whatever role he's in. If those two things float your boat, go rent it.

The Missing

Another recent film I haven't seen. It's directed by ron Howard, which is never a bad thing, so I may have to give it a chance.

Avoid like the plague:

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over

Unless you're five, it won't be interesting. I promise.

That does it for this week. I've been really lazy about posting movie reviews lately, hopefully that will change, as I've watched a ton of films in the last few days.

-L

No comments: