Thursday, February 26, 2004

Kordey

Yesterday I commented on Igor Kordey'd dismissal from Marvel, today ADD weighed in on the subject.

Oh, and Igor Kordey, I am sorry Marvel screwed you, but that's what they do. Don't be so shocked.

Short and to the point. Unfortunately it's also very true. I could stand here and say that we as consumers should not support things like this. That we should boycott Marvel for screwing their employees, but honestly it would get us nowhere. Things like this aren't going to stop until the artists and writers themselves just refuse to work for the company. Now, while I'm no fan of mediocre 90's comics, the guys over at Image had the right idea when they left. "We get treated bad as freelancers, lets start our own company." Maybe that's not exactly the way to go, but it's a step better than continuing to be someones whipping boy. I'm rambling...the point is, until the cretors themselves refuse to be a Bitch to the Big Two, the treatment won't stop. You know what they say, screw me once shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me.

-L

No comments: