Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Tuesday I'm in Love

They were wrong, screw Friday's, Tuesday is the love of my life.

Allan Quatermain And Lost City Of Gold
King Solomon's Mines


Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone star in a pair of Indiana Jones-esque movies. Based on the H. Rider Haggard novels, neither movie is particularly bad, but they are very low budget, even for the time period. If action-adventure is your thing, give these a look.

American Splendor

A look at the life of Harvey Pekar, who's autobiographical indy comic book, American Splendor, became a huge success. Sadly, I don't know much about it, but it has been recommended to me by everyone who's seen it. I live in a podunk backwards city that refuses to show stuff like this in their movie theatres, fearful it may actually intice people into leaving I suppose. I will be buying it, and as soon as I watch it I'll let you know what I think.

Gilligan's Island: The Complete First Season

This classic finally gets the season treatment. I'm not really a fan, but this show does have a ton of followers. My only question? Where the Hell is The Andy Griffith Show at?

Lost In Translation

Sophia Coppola's Award winning film arrives on DVD, and I can't wait to see it.

Planet Of The Apes

One of the greatest science fiction movies ever made gets the red carpet treatment in this release.

Secondhand Lions

This one's on my "to see" list as well.

Under The Tuscan Sun

A "chick flick" that may be bearable, I'll let you know.

Avoid like the plague:

My Boss's Daughter

Typical teen crapfest.

No comments: