Friday, March 25, 2005

I Got Memed

By Alan David Doane! I think he likes to see me suffer!

The Book Meme

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

The book that's being burned, I'd rather be burned alive than to never get to read my favorite material. Yes, I know perfectly well that that isn't what the question means, but it is an honest answer! (Note to Alan: Farenheit 451 is an okay book, some people love it, I didn't, but do not watch the movie, instead see Equilibrium with Christian Bale, same premise, but it's much better, and delivers a few punches as well as a thoughtful message.)

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Well, of course, but I'm assuming you mean in a book, cuz I fall in love with fictional movie characters constantly. Let's see....I don't think so, most books I read don't have a female character fleshed out enough TO fall for, but there may have been a comic character I crushed on somewhere through the years.

The last book you bought is:

Depends on your definition of book. Either Bluesman or The Great Movies, either way, I win.

The last book you read:

fill in which ever answer from above you think suits the question, again, I win either way.

What are you currently reading?

See above. (Yes i'm currently re-reading both of them.)

Five books you would take to a deserted island.

That's a hard one. They'd have to be long books. Watchmen (the new HC edition let's say) definitely...see, my problem is they'd all be comics...what the hell, Ebert's The Great Movies, something by Stephen King, maybe Insomnia...my mythological encyclopedia, and the longest book ever written, whatever it is.

And, I don't think I know anyone who'd actually play ball on this, so I won't pass it on. but, if you want to answer, feel free!

-L

No comments: