Thursday, March 10, 2005

Quickies- 03/10/05: Getting Intimate Again

Looks like I will get to post after all!

Intimates #5

Casey takes on suicide via new character, Dead Kid Fred. Odd that he chooses to tell some of the story via the characters "hivejournal" (read: blog), since he felt the need to attack bloggers recently. We get to see another side of Punchy, which felt weird, as he jumps through hoops to save Fred. We also get to see his powers in action, which was great.

Seven Soldiers of Victory #0

I wanted to like this, but I'm afraid my lack of DC continuity may have hindered that. I have no idea who any of these people are or who they descended from. It's a good story, but I just didn't care about the characters that much, plus, there's no way I can afford to keep up with the coming books.

Picked up a ton of junk out of the 50 cent bin today, a few Crossgen books, one by Chuck "I suck hard" Dixon, the others by Ron Marz (it's Chimera).

That's an awfully weird, crude, stab at both the man and his name, but I find it hilarious, so sue me. It's a pirate book, El Cazador, and it fas two lousy quarters. If I like it, I may pick up the rest of the issues (also el cheapo), if no,t at least I finally got to use that stupid joke I've been saving.

Also, Frankenstein Mobster, because what doesn't sound cool about that. And, Desperadoes: Quiet of the Grave #1-3 (no #4, but they had #5), and the recent Swamp Thing #1-3. Haven't read them yet.

I did read Vimanarama #2 tho. You'll have to wait to see what I thought about it, as it requires at least a few more read through's.

EDIT: Looks like Larry Young read my CBG piece on him, kick ass. Check out the AIT site for yourself (I need to add it to the blog roll soon)

-L

No comments: