Sunday, March 06, 2005

Quote of the Year

At least, so farr...

Via Trash Heap, a new fave:

Steve Grant has some opinions on Marvel EIC Joe Quesada's recent comments on why Marvel won't be doing original graphic novels. I hear a lot of talk on message boards and such about how Marvel isn't innovative enough, about how fans would like to see them do something new and different ... but why? They're pretty good at doing what they do, and their comics sell pretty well compared to the competition. And there are many other comics publishers out there who are doing something innovative, so it isn't like there's a lack of good OGN's out there. Of course, those fans making those complaints are usually the ones who turn up their nose at anything that isn't being published by the big two, so maybe they're the ones who need to think about innovation. (Don't get me wrong, I like many Marvel Comics myself; I also like Subway, but that isn't all I eat).

Had to have the rest to make sure the point wasn't lost.

-L

No comments: