Sunday, September 18, 2005

You Can't Win Em All

That seems to be the slogan of the weekend.

I lost two poker games Saturday night, but got home in time (I played for maybe two hours, which sucks by normal comparison) to finish most of my next Loose Staples column. Fortunately I was able to finish the rest this afternoon, and it's now in the capable hands of Mr. Chris Hunter. I woke up just in time this afternoon to catch the first football game, in my area it was Jaguars/Colts game, I was pulling for the Cats the whole time, and they almost pulled it off, but defense can't hold out forever, and the offense couldn't get anything going. The the Falcons/Seahaks game...man did the Hawks look good or what? I like to think those three TDs in the first half were God getting back at us for a missed call by the Ref's. That ball that Finneran lost was a fumble, no two ways about it. Still, we out played them in the second half, and if not for Vick injuring himself, I think we would've salvaged the game. The Patriots proved who should have won the Superbowl two years ago, man the Panthers really handled business. And after saying "The Niners look good!" they blew it with Philly today, big time. The Vikings proved again that they are not "better off without Moss" by getting their asses handed to them, and while the Pack tried at least, they blew it against the Browns...the FREAKIN Browns beat them. It makes me laugh. Also, my fantast team is losing too, but I'm not sure by how much. I need Dallas to kill tomorrow night, otherwise I'm toast. Oh, and ESPN fixed their little problem, so here's my roster:

TQB
Raiders
Tampa Bay

RB
Julius Jones
Brian Westbrook
Thomas Jones

WR
Marcus Robinson
Rod Gardner
Keyshawn Johnson
Eddie Kennison

TE
LJ Smith

K
Janikowski
Elam

D/ST
Redskins
Bills

So, yeah, this weekend was a losing kind of thing. Maybe next weekend will be a winning kind of thing!

-L

No comments: