Monday, July 04, 2005

What I did for the 4th

Well, I spent a majority of the last three days sick. I've been sick a lot this year. I must start taking better care of myself.

Since I was sick I'm now behind on my next column, which was already mostly done to begin with. I had planned to mail it in today, looks like it may now be tomorrow night.

I re-re-re-rewatched Ladykillers. The more I watch it the more I love it. I went out and bought the soundtrack. It's amazing, and I've never been big on gospel music (I do, however, love Nappy Roots who have a few songs on the disc.)

I cancelled my amazon.com order. Going on two months and it still wasn't ready? Ridiculous.

I signed up for the DCBS. For $80 I got a crapload of stuff. If anyone has any books they'd like to recommend that are coming out, please do so.

I watched/read a lot of Batman stuff in the last week. Mask of the Phantasm is the best Bat film ever. Well, maybe Return of the Joker...

I picked up Darwyne Cook's issue of SOLO. Wow. I had thought I would have to postpone a review of it for CBG, or just talk about it here, but Cooke squeezed in an EXCELLENT Batman story, so I'm throwing it in with the Bat-reviews for the next column.

Watched lots of TV, of course.

Picked up a few movies to add to the list of "films I bought and haven't watched yet". Just for laughs, here's the whole list:

Criterion Collection

M.Holt's Holiday
Divorce-Italian Style
Ikiru
Stray Dog
Knife in the Water
The Lady Eve

Others

The Phantom of the Opera (Dorian liked it)
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (ADD liked it)
Ray
In Good Company
National Treasure
Hotel Rwanda
Finding Neverland
After the Sunset
American Crime
Black Hawk Down
The Chronicles of Riddick (also the animated short film Dark Fury)
The Commitments
Confessions of an American Girl
Cube Zero
A Day Without a Mexican
Fat Albert
Hollywood North
A Home at the End of the World
In America
Intermission
Just the Ticket
Lion King 2
Lost in La Mancha
Matchstick Men
National Lampoon's Black Ball
Once Upon a Time in the Midlands
Paparazzi
Pauley Shore is Dead
Punch Drunk Love
Raising Victor Vargas
Renegade (AKA Blueberry-actually, I've seen most of this)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Stark Raving Mad
The Station Agent
Luther
Topsy-Turvy
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Son of the Mask
Troy
Wizards
Without a Paddle
Hard Ground
Team America World Police
The Aviator
Gatchaman Set 1
Xena: Warrior Princess-The Complete First Season

Then there's ashorter list of movies I've seen, then bought, but haven't watched again yet:

South Park
Baseketball
The LOTR Trilogy (The extended editions, all three for $40!!!)
Conan: The Complete Quest
Hidden Fortress
Seven Samurai

When the hell am I ever gonna have time to watch all these? If you question a title, odds are damn good I either 1) Got it for free, or 2) paid less that $7 for it. My local rental places have constant deals on used discs, either buy 2 get one (sometimes 2!) free, or things like 3 for $20, and the movies are always under $15.

The grand DVD total is approaching 800 (700 if you don't count my burned discs and promo DVDs)

I bought the original Metroid for my GBA today. $7.99, it was a steal. Too bad I can't remember how to friggin play the game...

Read more books that aren't Bat related. More on them tomorrow probably.

I've totally slacked on my City of Heroes play (sorry Shane!!) but hopefully this weekend I'll get a game in. I'll see what server I'm on (I always forget) and post it here so anyone who wants to can stop over and say hi.

Punk'd is on. This is the worst show ever.

Now, I have a column to finish!

-L

No comments: