Tuesday, March 09, 2004

American Splendor

I've been wanting to see this for quite awhile, and found it for $15 at my local Movie Gallery, so I picked it up. I watched it this evening, and got quite the surprise. Don't get me wrong, I knew it would be good, but I didn't expect it to be this good. On top of being brilliantly casted, it captures the spirit of the work in tremendous fashion. I've heard that the "blending" of the real people and their movie counterparts into the picture was confusing, yet I found it to be interesting, and inventive. Only an idiot wouldn't understand what was happening.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor, go rent it right now, it's excellent. And, funny enough, I'd say it's the most faithful adaptation of a comic book I've ever seen.

-L

No comments: