Thursday, March 11, 2004

Speaking of Comicscape...

Tony Whitt, the Comicscape columnist, posted a review of Thanos #7 up on Cinescape. It's a good read, and next to ADD, he's one of my favorite reviewers. If for no other reason than the fact that he knows how to do it.

"A regular reader of my column recently suggested that I might have been a bit too harsh on THANOS whenever I announced an upcoming issue. True, I haven't exactly been bubbling with praise of the series, despite (and probably because of) never having picked up a copy of it. "

See, this is great, and this is why I love reading his reviews. Honesty. By the way, that "regular reader" is me. Not only does Tony admit that he might have been too harsh on the book, but he says he's reading it because someone else seemed to like it. How's that for being open minded?

Of course, it helps that there's a new writer on board for the series, but all in all, I like to think he would've given it a go either way.

I could respond to Tony's comments all day, but I won't bore you with that. Let me just say, I agree with most of what he's saying, except that I'd still like to have Starlin back on the book. Giffen's sense of humor is great, and plays nicely with the cosmic scope of the book, Lim is excellent, and Milgrom is always at the top of his game. I hope they new creative team brings new readers with it, but Tony is right, this isn't exactly a great jumping on point.

-L

No comments: