Thursday, May 05, 2005

What's a Blogger to Do?

I should be working, be it of the paid variety (can't deliver without a car, now can I?) or the free (So many reviews not finished, and so many more not even begun!). Instead I'm here, answering the call of fellow blogger and my editor at CBG, Alan David Doane.

(Sidenote: Ever get in the habit of calling someone something, so when you refer to them any other way it sounds wrong? I can't imagine just calling him Alan, I'm so often using ADD or his full name to address him. Kinda like actors with initials in their name, like Michael J Fox, I could never just call him Mike, or even Michael. Maybe I'm just weird like that.)

So, what TV shows do I watch?

Well let's go day by day:

Sunday-

King of the Hill, Malcolm in the Middle, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Family Guy

No, I don't always watch all of them, but that is essentially Fox's Sunday lineup, and it's usually the only good thing on for awhile. I miss KotH and MitM usually, but I always enjoy them when I catch them.

Extreme Home Makeover

I'm a sap, I know, and I never watch the whole thing, I just flip to it when Fox has a commercial.

Desperate Housewives

I'm in love with this show. I want to marry it.

Boston Legal

What ADD said goes double for me and add in Candice Burgen, she makes a pretty sexy older woman. Too bad ABC sucks and delayed the rest of the season until next FRIGGIN' YEAR!!!! The bastards.

Adult Swim- Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Venture Bros., The Oblongs, Home Movies

That's the current line-up, minus Tom Goes to the Mayor, which I hate. Reruns or not, I never miss this, and sometimes I catch the repeats starting at 2am. Those shows are what get me through the week, I live to see Adult Swim on Sunday nights.

Monday

Still Standing

I like this show, it reminds me a bit of Married with Children, only maybe not quite as dumb.

Everybody Love Raymond

I didn't, not for awhile, but once I started watching, I loved him too. Peter Boyle is the best.

Two and a Half Men

This is a show I never thought I'd see on CBS. It's often racy, though not really controversial, but it is ALWAYS funny.

Tuesdays

Scrubs

It's rare that I catch an episode, but I love it when I do.

The Shield

Damn is this ever a good show. TV drama done so right it's often painful to watch.

Wednesdays

Smallville

For the geek in me. I don't get enough geek TV.

Thursdays-Saturdays

Well, I'm off on a Thursday night and I'm blogging instead of watching TV, so that might tell you something, and as for the other days, they're usually reserved for DVDs.

Occasionally Viewed

Krypto

Love it, but I never remember when it's on. Good fun, gotta love Ace the Bat-Hound.

Ed, Edd, and Eddie

This is on daily, so if I'm around a TV when it's on, I'm watching it. I just can't get enough of those darn Eds.

Teen Titans

Always good for background noise if nothing else, but I usually enjoy the episodes I catch.

TMNT

Not as fun as the old show, for me at least, but still pretty darn good.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

If I'm up in time on Saturday, I always catch this. if you have kids, there's no reason you should not be watching it as well, with them preferrably. It's funny and imaginative, one of the most original cartoons to come along in quite some time.

Adult Swim-Futurama, Family Guy, Harvey Birdman

That's the weekday line-up, and if I'm not busy I tune in for at least Futurama.

Viva La Bam

Man, this is the oddest show, and I just love it. I miss the Sunday airings, but if it's on during the week when I have nothing to watch, I catch it.

Pimp My Ride

I actually like seeing the tech aspects of what they do to the cars, I hate all the "bling" that the show hypes though.

The Daily Show

I echo what ADD said, this show kicks uber-ass.

South Park

Definitely NOT good clean fun, but oh so enjoyable.

Celebrity Poker Showdown

It's alway either dramatic or funny, sometimes both.

I'm sure there's more I'm not remembering, and that doesn't include the vast array of reruns via Nick and other channels I always have on in the background.

Yes, I watch too much TV, and probably waaaay too many cartoons. But, I love me some cartoons.

-L

No comments: