Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Duhn Duhn Duhn

I know present you with Her Royal Majesty, The List:

Alf: Season One

Buyer Beware!!!! Some of the episodes are the syndiated versions, which means they've been shortened. Otherwise, knock yourself out.

Amityville Dollhouse

This just sounds funny to me. I have no idea what it is, but I'll assume it's Amityville, only with Barbie.

Candyman (Special Edition)

For those who can't get enough crappy horror films. Well, this one didn't really suck that bad.

Connie And Carla

I remember this getting some press. Can't remember if it was positive, or what the hell the film was about.

Dinner for Five: The Complete First Season

Isn't this Fav's show? I think so. If it is, I'll have to seek it out. I keep hearing how great is is (mostly from my local Comic Book Guy).

The Exorcist Trilogy

Ohhh, how convenient. The first one didn't really get to me, never seen the other two.

G.I. Joe: Season Two, Part 1

Haven't managed to buy the other two sets yet, or complete my Transformers set. I need a wealthy dead relative.

Godsend

It's like the Sixth Sense, only the kid is the dead one. Nah, really, I haven't seen it.

Goodfellas (Widescreen Special Edition)

Best Mob Movie Ever. Don't believe me? Just look at the advetisements. It tells you so. Not a fan of Mob fliks, but it's still a good movie. If nothing else it eventually gave us the Pidgeons on Animaniacs.

Happy Days: The Complete First Season

Ey!!! I wonder how it wasspelled in the script? Both the Fonz and Homer might be the only characters in history to make one word so damned popular.

Lateline: The Complete Series

For all you Al Franken nuts out there. Personally, I hate the guy. I mean he created the worst damn character on SNL ever. And they made a movie about it. It's an unforgivable sin really.

Laverne & Shirley: The Complete First Season

Just in case Happy Days wasn't enough.

Mickey's The Three Musketeers

This might actually be good. I'll find out!

New York Minute

Eugene Levy. I'll watch it for him, because he's a funny man. Oh, and I need to support the Twins ongoing eating disorders, or are they cured now? Still he all but saved the American Pie films, so maybe he cann pull this one to at least an ok film.

Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

Hell on Earth, ladies and gentlemen, Hell on Earth.

Stir Of Echoes (Special Edition)

A much better film than anyone gives it credit for being. This, folks, is a good thriller.

The Sugarland Express

Spielberg'ssophmore effort, I believe. Also, Duel, his first flik came out as well. Must have missed it on the info list. Both are worth your time.

Taking Lives

I recall this getting so-so reviews. May be worth a rent.

Also not on the list was the new DBZ movie, I forget the name. I shall be renting that as well.

I'll be back later with a review of another biopic.

-L


2 comments:

Dorian said...

What, exactly, was Cobra's goal? Because I never understood how their pointless scuffles with G.I. Joe served any larger purpose.

LGP said...

Well, world domination was their main goal. But, somehow someway that idiot that they let lead them never faild screw it up. If I remember correctly there were a few really good, well thought out schemes, not many, but a few, and Cobra Commander always managed to let his ego get in the way of his success.

I'll never understand why someone inside the Cobra circle didn't just assassinate him and be done with it. Destro usually gained something even when they failed, but mostly because he was primarily an arms dealer.

Then came Serpentor, who was smarter, yet just as egomaniacle, and bumbling, as his predecessor. If I were the Joes I would've never bothered to fight back, because Cobra's plans usually failed because of Cobra. Which shows how great the Joes really were. They really could have used a Bush in office just so they could bobm the hell out of Cobra Island once and for all.

Still, we all know the main purpose of those 80's toons was to drive kids to buy the toys. Man, did I ever buy alot of toys. I used to take my Joes apart and rearrange the body parts to create new characters. As a kid I didn't understand why they never changed their clothes.

Which makes me think that cartoons may have alot to do with those kids who never want to change clothes.

So, not only have I gotten off track, but I've exposed more dorkiness than I ever wanted to.