Thursday, August 12, 2004

Quickies

Apologiesfolks,life has just been weird lately, and quite busy, so I'm just flying by the seat of my pants! Not a pleasant image, is it?

It was all Marvel this week at the comics shop, so just call me Mr. Zombie:

Runaways $ 4.99

I'm not sure what this is, but I picked it up at Target. It was about five bucks and seems to somewhat collect the first six issues of B.K.'s series, randomly leaving out parts of it, I think. It was confusing, which gave me doubts about buying the real trade. Anyone know it it really is good or not?

The Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules #1-4 $2.99 (a piece)

I paid two bucks for the whole set, and damn what a bargain. Anyone who's looking for quality comics, look here. I'm pretty sure there's a TPB out of the series, and if not, there should be. Art, story, even the research put into it (depending on how you look at it I guess) is friggin' phenomenal. Buy this book. Now.

Fantastic Four #516 $2.25

Speaking of the FF...Waid and Kesel wrap up their Frightful Four arc, and suprisingly it wasn't as bad as the rest of the arc. Still, wasn't good either. I hope the next arc doesn't suck.

The Punisher #10 $2.99

Speaking of sucking...this issue doesn't really. Again, not great, but maybe the previous issues have lowered my expectations enough for meto somewhat enjoy it. It still feels like three issues stretched into six. God Marvel is horrible.

District X #4 $2.99

And then they publish something like this, which makesme hope for the best. Good book, good art, solid storytelling, great characters. Still, they stretch the issues to fill in TPBs. They might just want to think about collecting issues for alower price tag, as opposed to drawing them out. Wouldn't it be the same? Three four issue TPBs as opposed to two six issue ones? Seems like more money to me. I'm way off subject. Good book tho.

Identity Disc #3 $2.99

Again, maybe lower expectations, but this wasn'tas bad as the previous issues. By a longshot. I even laughed a few times. Rodi needs to be doing an ongoing Deadpool book. Seriously.

And lastbut not least...

X-Force #1 $2.99

It's crap. You probably shouldn't buy it, and it probably should be cancelled swiftly. That said, it's horribly wonderful, much like a bad movie. It put a big old smile on my face, I felt like I was ten again. Maybe I'm the only one who can accept it for what it is and still admit it shouldn't exist, but I'm looking forward to more.

As for my movie watching? Nothing but Aliens and Predators until tomorrow. Saturday I'll have a rundown of AvP, with spoilers, but until then I doubt I'll get to post.

-L

No comments: