Monday, September 20, 2004

Toys!

Haven't talked much about my other little habit lately, so, here we go.

I picked up one of the Transformers: Alternators series, namely Hound, who comes as a scaled down replica of a Jeep Wrangler (he was a military jeep in the original cartoon, I believe) and he's pretty damned awesome. The Alternators series hasn't really impressed me up until this point, the robot modes just look awkward, so I've stayed away (actually, I've stayed away from almost all of the new Transformers series), but this one just looked good. He looks almost exactly like his original form from the toon in both car and robot mode. So, until they put out a Bumblebee, this will be the last TF buy for awhile...I think.

The other toy on the list is Art Asylum's new C3 constuction line, featuring Batman and Superman. I picked up the Batman & Robin pack, with the Batmobile. I had high hopes for it, and it completely let me down. Robin's hair fell off, Batman's feet won't stay on, the hands are awkward, and the Batmobile is too small for Batman. Not to mention the color scheme on the box isn't the one you get. Major disappointment here. I'd be curious to know if this was an oddity, or if they're all this shitty. Maybe I'll pick up another pack just to see, but at ten bucks I expected it to at least stay together. If anyone else bought one, let me know what you think, or if you're selling them, let me know if you got any complaints. Parents, I'd be weary of buying this for your kids, perhaps the Marvel MiniMates would be a better investment, or some good old fashioned Legos.

That might be it for the day folks. Big thanks to Mike over at Progressive Ruin. Got my books today man, and I'm uber psyched about Howard the Duck.

-L

No comments: