Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Another challenge

Fred Hembeck has challenged all us listers to give the why's and what for's of our lists, and while I've pretty much done so, there are some things I'd like to talk about further, but they're going to wait. I absolutely have to finish at least one of my current writing projects first!

I've added Clandestine Critic to my sidebar, it's an excellent site, so if you haven't visited, do so now.

As for the list, there's a few things cming out this week (Including a JLU release), I'm only concerned with one DVD, and you should be as well, Young Einstein .

No, I'm kidding. It's actually Donnie Darko - The Director's Cut . Perhaps the greatest film in the last ten years, it's become a cult hit, and probably helped solidify Jake Gyllenhal as an actor who should be taken serious (The Day After Tomorrow aside...). The cast is phenomenal, the script is one of the most original and brilliant things ever put to film, and it looks gorgeous. Everyone should own this. It's a rare find in movies today, it's some thing that can be watched ad infinitum and you find something new to love every single time. And it has the greatest music montage ever captured on film. Go. buy it. You will not regret it.

-L

No comments: