Thursday, February 03, 2005

Now it's Time...

For some links!

Lesseeee....

New Comic Book Galaxy update today, including my latest, a massive review of Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid and Lenil Franci Yu. I'd like to take a second and publicly thank Alan David Doane for his patience, wisdom, and treeeeeemendous amount of help with it. Quite frankly, without him it would be less than half the review that it is, and contain none of that pretty artwork. He both contributed, and pushed me in the right direction. And it's called a McGuffin, and there's no OTHER apostrophes in '40s, '50s, '60s or any other year! I definitely got it...I think.

Note to anyone out there who wants to take up any kind of journalistic type writing, remember what I just wrote FOREVER! Any editor will tell you it's invaluable knowledge. And probably well known to half the world. I'm just a slack ass!

Okay....

Also on the CBG update is a review of WE3, one of the best books ever. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself. I'll be writing a piece about it eventually...I promise. Oh, and Little Lulu!

Cinescape has Tony Whitt's final Comicscape column. It's a shame the edged it out of the site's main page. There's also a review of Lenore #11 by Tony. I've read the first trade, but haven't picked up any recent issues, it's good for those with a darker sense of humor.

Oooh, and news of the demise of the latest Trek show, Enterprise. T'pol, we hardly knew you...

Did I spell her name right?

Teen Titans DVD news. It's a shame we won't be seeing a boxed set, but oh well.

From a few days ago: Tom's talking about Million Dollar Baby, and an idiot who wants to spoil the movie for all. Good stuff, but you gotta scroll down just a bit.

Mrs Tegan has announced the winners of her Bloggity contest, go see if you won.

Steve Lieber & co. are raising some money for William Messner-Loebs. Please bid if you can afford it!

And don't forget the new Permanent Damage by Steven Grant!

And I think that'll do it....

-L

EDIT: Happy very belated B-Day to Fred Hembeck!

No comments: